Friday, June 20, 2014

My Literal Journey to India

Guess where I am...INDIA!!! This magical country of contrasts and color, sickness and spice, beauty and prejudice, is mine to explore for the summer. I can't tell you how excited I am, even though I am also incredibly tired. I have so much to tell you too! But my computer charger isn't working so this will have to be short.

When I get the chance there are three things I want to write about:
1. Our amazing 6-hour layover in Germany in which the love of my life was an amazing tour guide and took us to the best cafes and views in Frankfurt. THANK YOU! (pictures to come!)

2. United vs. Lufthansa. We took United IAD-FRA and Lufthansa FRA-DEL. Pros and cons but generally Lufthansa wins. And if you're on a flight to India ALWAYS order the vegetarian food - best airplane food ever! Also movie recommendations: Lunchbox (beautiful story about human connection in Mumbai), Saving Mr. Banks (put me in tears - the backstory of Mary Poppins), and Hundraåringen som klev ut genom fönstret och försvann (my favorite Swedish book that has now been made into a really awesome and hilarious movie - read the book AND watch the movie!).

3. First impressions of India. I was too tired and it was too late to really get a proper impression, but exiting the airport wasn't as chaotic and culture shock-y as they make it seem in the movies. Maybe that is because we arrived at midnight. At the hotel they already had breakfast set! We are staying at Ibis hotel - awesome service and complimentary bottled water. YAY NO PARASITES YET! Ok now I have to get to bed to catch a flight to Lucknow tomorrow morning. Flying with Indigo Airlines. :)

Shab bekhair and hugs to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment