Thursday, June 19, 2014

Leaving on a jet plane

TODAY IS THE DAY! I AM FINALLY GOING TO INDIA!


I can't even describe how excited I am. I've been waiting for this day all year, since last fall when I would visit the CLS page every day to see if the application had opened. I can't believe my good fortune.

The DC orientation was really helpful though! We had a wonderful stay at one of my favorite hotels in DC, Renaissance Dupont Circle Hotel, and I love my fellow program participants - who seem to all be intelligent, driven, very friendly, and just as excited as I am about going to India. The most beneficial part of the orientation was meeting former participants and hearing advice like "talk about poop!" and "don't expect the AC to work!" and telling us embarrassing host family stories. It seems to be such an intensive program, since the two alumni we talked to yesterday had started as complete beginners and were already having conservations halfway through. I am going to learn so much!


Now I'm off to have my last meal in the United States (until December) - the Mango & Brie Waffle at Wicked Waffle. One of my favorite treats in Washington DC! I am going to miss the city that has been my home for the past four years but I am so excited (and a bit nervous) about everything to come. I will also miss my family and friends but after moving across continents more than a couple of times, I know that with technology the people I love are never far away.

However, one of the people I love most in the world will be waiting for me in Germany in a few hours, where I have a long enough layover for a hug and a kiss and a gift exchange. Life is too perfect.

BRING ON THE ADVENTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment